Cotton candy shades of pink, blue, and green are the new black. No longer reserved for Easter Sunday or a new born nursery, this sugary sweet palette is a fresh take on your wardrobe, and will give you ample outfit amo for anything the summer has in store. Go tonal with contrasting brights, or edge it up with some black accessories.
Wes Anderson’s name sake genre of film kind of stole our hearts. That’s why we’re loving the way his dry, slightly off beat sense of humor has influenced recent runway shows. Style.com reported on the many designers that have taken cues from this distinctive film maker and worked a fair amount of sweatbands, madras, and seersucker into their resort collections. His “country club-meets-seventies-rec room aesthetic” screams resort, or rather quietly mocks. Either way, we’re digging it.
It’s the 4th Sunday of the month, and you know what that means. It’s time to strut your Sunday Best while perusing the treasures at the Torrance Antique Street Faire. Whether you’re coming from church, breakfast, or bed, this sleeveless button down dress from Topshop is your go-to item for style and comfort. They don’t call it Sunday best for nothin’, so keep it classy with Repetto flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs satchel, and Dita sunnies.
We’re open from 11-3 tomorrow, so make sure to stop in and enjoy the day with us!
Skulls will never go out of fashion. There is just something about them that utters badass-ness. A great summer staple to have in your wardrobe, the Topshop skull tank works perfectly with shorts or layered together for that weekend adventure. Come by the store and scoop yours up.
Floral denim may have been absent from your closet since the late 80s, early 90s, but we highly recommend you to give it a try again. Not like the bright colors and large prints that were previously popular, they’re now understated and dainty. Pasel colors in painterly motifs are popular.
And like most trends, we’ve got you covered! This pair from Topshop just arrived, and are the perfect palette for your summer wardrobe. It’s an absolute must-have in any fashionista’s wardrobe!
Come try them on for yourself. We understand if you want to walk right out of the store wearing these beauties. We love them too.
Have you seen the absolutely crave-worthy styles of Topshop we have in-store right now? And by “crave-worthy”, I really mean “must-have”. Every item will be a staple in your summer wardrobe… even the sophisticated green hot pants! Trust me.
At Threads & Needles, we value great design and high quality. That’s why we were so happy to receive our newest shipment of of Marc by Marc Jacobs leather bags! The Classic Q collection arrived last week, and we can see why every item is a best-seller. They’re the perfect every day carry for all your essentials to keep you looking professional, yet casual enough to wear on the weekends. Each one is adorned with the signature logo plaque detailing on top of the supple and soft leather.
It’s no surprise that such a perfect design would come from one of the most celebrated designers of our time, Marc Jacobs. This guys knows what women want. His designs have graced the runway since 1986, and he’s been pushing boundaries ever since. His secondary collection, Marc by Marc Jacobs is trendy and fashion forward take on ready-to-wear.
All these bags are ready-to-buy in store now! We have quite the color selection. Feel free to ask one of our lovely associates for help, if you can’t seem to choose which color will fit your summer wardrobe best.
One of our favorite things to do here in the South Bay when it starts to feel like summer is to spend the weekend having seafood by the water and walking the pier. The comfort and nostalgia of it makes us crave this season year round…. and wish we still cruised around by skateboard!
That’s why this outfit is the perfect combination of threads to wear when soaking up some California sun, and remembering the good times!
- Cath Kidston floral bag is big enough to hold all your beach day essentials and the wax coating ensures that they’re safe from the elements. (We’re one of the few stores that carry AUTHORIZED Cath Kidston USA bags!)
- CDG X Converse Jack Purcells are the epitome of summertime fun! The playful CDG heart has youthful reminiscence, while still keeping ultra cool.
- Shwood wooden shades are the pair that you can’t live without! Hand crafted in OR, these sunglasses are sturdy and stylish! They also know a thing or two about preserving our skateboarding memories- Check out this video where they turn broken decks into sunglasses!
- Topshop floral, front-knot blouse is the perfect 90s throw back style! Plus the sleeveless cut makes it ideal for those hot summer days.
- Topshop high waisted shorts are the cherry on top of this nostalgic summertime outfit. Fitted and oh-so-comfortable, they’re a staple to your wardrobe this season!
All items are available now in store. Come shop with us, and we’ll see you on the pier!
Stripes, stripes, stripes! Everyone loves stripes. And in my book, stripes = summer. Maybe it’s because their nautical nature reminds me of boating on a hot day in June, or perhaps it’s the fact that they were all over the spring runways, but I think the real reason is because they’re the perfect summer pattern! The ultimate layering piece, they can be worn underneath a solid white jacket, or over a long white summer dress (make sure to go a size up for that boho chic look!). They’re also a MUST HAVE when it comes to pattern mixing. Wear stripes with more stripes for a “mono-pattern” style, or over a floral skirt for a bold statement.
Topshop is offering the ideal shape for this trend. Crew neck and sleeveless, this top is an easy-breezy, ultra comfortable wardrobe staple. So, get on board with stripes and shop our selection in store now!
This season is all about the pattern mix! We’re loving the classic style of floral prints mixed with nautical stripes. The idea when styling is to play with the size of the motifs. Try mixing a large floral like the blue Cath Kidston with the small painterly print on this Topshop skirt. The horizontal stripes of the Topshop tank balance out the outfit. Keep your prints in check by making sure they’re all in the same color palette. The red Repetto shoes are the perfect pop to tie each item together. Finally, top it off with the perfect Dita sunnies.
All items are available now in store! Come in to try mixing your patterns with our lovely staff. We’d love to help you find the perfect prints for your summer wardrobe!
Shwood sunglasses have done an almost impossible feat. They’ve captured the magnificent beauty found in nature and harnessed it into a super rad looking pair of glasses.
Headquartered in Oregon, the very first pair of Shwoods were born from the limb of a Madrone tree, a rusty pair of cabinet hinges, and lenses from the corner store. Since then, they’ve hand crafted every pair of Shwoods in-house, seeking to manipulate the wood as little as possible. When your materials have that much natural beauty already, it takes a great deal of innovation to preserve that goodness.
The styles are classic, so when you buy a pair of Shwoods you know it will be a pair you own for a very long time. We have a great selection of styles, colors available now in store!
Not just an eyewear brand, they embody an idea, a lifestyle. This Is Oregon is a video series created by Shwood and Julian Bialowas to inspired people to get up, go out, and start exploring. Their motto is you never know what could beauty could be right outside your city limits.
My advice to you: pack your Shwoods, and get going!
With Mother’s Day just around the corner (Sunday, May 13th!), now’s the perfect time to stop in and pick out something to pamper mom and shower her with love!
Need some inspiration? Let us be your guide:
1. Napa Soap: Keep mom and the environment clean with a bar of Napa Soap! Great item to add to a basket of gifts.
2. Erbaviva Products: Have a new mommy or mommy-to-be you’re shopping for? Then you need Erbaviva! Every product in this line has been specially thought out to help make new mommy’s happier and healthier through the finest organic products. My recommendation would be the Relax scented oil.
3. Cath Kidston Tote: It’s no coincidence that Mother’s Day just happens to be in spring time, and Cath’s floral bags are the perfect way to put a little spring in her step. And make sure to get mom THE REAL DEAL! We are one of the very few stores who sell authorized Cath Kidston bags.
4. Marc jacobs Wallet: Need something to put in that bag? We’ve got ya covered! Just in time for Mother’s Day, we received a brand new shipment of tons of Marc Jacobs styles! You might also want to pick one up for yourself while you’re in.
5. Apothia If Lotion: Another fantastic gift basket addition would be the Apothia If Collection. Lotion and/or perfume are great gifts to make her feel like a million bucks!
6. Tocca Candle + 3-Piece Perfume: Can’t decide what scent she’ll like best? Try the 3-piece set from Tocca! The three fragrances include, Stella, Florence, Cleopatra. All fit a different mood, and we all like choices.
We have everything you need for Mother’s Day this year!
I should first be clear that this is by no means a new trend, but it’s certainly a hot item of the moment. Seen recently at Coachella and often on the streets of major cities around the world, there’s a million ways to rock this look. Worn with ankle boots and jeans for a utilitarian edge, thrown over a bandeau and cut-offs for an effortless cool, or paired with a feminine skirt and heels for a sweet juxtaposition, this item is for the rebel, the hipster, the girly girl… anyone!
We happen to have a GEM; the holy grail of army green jackets, if you will. The Moncler summer weight cargo jacket in green is your ultimate go-to jacket for the spring. The perfect layer for everyday wear, chilly nights, and those sporadic rainy days in LA.
We all know how much I love shopping in the men’s section…. be sure to snag yours before the guys grab them all up!